Sunday, January 25, 2009

Is this nothing but a slumdog?

We've just seen the film Slumdog Millionaire. It is an epic. It has outstanding performances. It is shot with in-your-face colours and compositions. It will clean-up at the Oscars. But I would have thought twice, if I had known what it was like.
 
Must life be like this? Incredibly cruel. Selfish to the core. Totally driven by money. Them and us, rich and poor. All for the sake of....
 
In the end love won over everything, but at what price? OK, it is only a story, it is only a film; but I'm naive enough to think that life is like that in places all around the world.
 
I will clap and cheer with everyone, when the director and actor gets their gongs, but I hope they will have collecting boxes for the heroes that have survived, or are at the moment surviving, what this film portrays in angonising detail.

No comments: