Thursday, January 01, 2009

I am crying for the future

because of Barack Obama.
 
I was given his book, Dreams From My Father, for Christmas and I am reading, and pinching myself, that this man is the President-Elect of America.
 
I am hardly into the book and my heart is bursting with respect for a man who is not yet a teenager but has tasted life that most of us can only look at from a distance.
 
Because we know where he is now, it only makes us more excited about the future.
 
When he sees injustice, he has lived it.
 
When he talks about hope, he has needed it.
 
In the book, the man in the magazine photo many years ago, that looked like the blood had been drained from him, was a black man wanting to be a white man; but the result was wrong, the hope was gone.
 
And now the future is his to share with us all.
 
I cry because of the great expectations, the great destiny within him and, therefore within us all.
 
It  could be the happiest new year ever!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: