Sunday, November 15, 2009

Man catching mackerel, 1985, Laura Ford

On a snowy Saturday morning in 1985 I went to a temporary gallery in Islington, London and bought this pastel drawing by Laura Ford. It was unframed, so I took it to the Brompton Gallery and had a hand painted frame specially made for it. I also bought a sculpture by her partner Andrew Sabin, which, sadly we no longer have.
 
The point of all of this is that the picture must now be moved from the wall it has adorned for many years. Where will it go? Can we still keep it?  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I to take it that you might be considering selling the picture?

I usually associate laura Ford with cuddly/disturbing - mackerel sounds somewhat unusual.

If you want to talk please drop me a line on macca@popstar.com


John

My Life said...

I'm ready to sell, if you're ready to buy!

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.